Finally Samsung galaxy Mini 2 has got Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean,This ROM is based on CM10.1 Custom ROM not Official ROM.After updating to this firmware Samsung kies should not be detect your device Because its is a Custom Firmware.you can change this ROM installing official firmware from Officials but you cannot find a jelly bean firmware for this device.Before you going to Install this Firmware your device should rooted and it has ClockWorkMode .After that you go to this procedure.
Androidlokam provides step by step instructions for this installation,we have succefully installed this firmware to Samsung galaxy Mini 2.Video tutorial will be available very soon
Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 ROM Features for Samsung Galaxy Mini 2
Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware has many features of normal jelly bean identical to Galaxy nexus,this is not a Samsung official ROM hence there is no TouchWiz UI.
- Deep Sleep
- Bluetooth tethering
- multi Touch
- keypad Light
- USB tethering
- Data Usage Limit
- Brightness Controller
Camera and WiFi Settings Will not Work you can Install it From Play Store
Install Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D USB Driver
Before you going to connect your device with PC Should have <Device Name> USB Driver,This USB Drivers are available in respective companies Official Pages.Without USB Driver the PC and Device cannot be connected so we recommend you to Install it.Here you can Download Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D USB Driver
How to take Backup On Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D
After Installing USB Driver on your PC ,Just Come on to the Device.Installing Firmware or Updating your Phone might be loose data from the Device,so we have recommend you to take backup useful data using respective procedures and make sure that backup before you going to Install.Backup needs to be individual applications are available in Google Play store.We can take Backup Call history,Contacts,Messages,Applications and APN Settings.
- How to take Apps Backup Using application ? Click here
- How to take Contacts Backup using Application ? Click Here
- How to take Call History Backup using Application ? Click Here
- How to take APN Settings Backup using Application ? Click Here
- How to take Messages Backup using Application ? Click Here
If you are using Samsung Device we recommend to take backup using Samsung kie that can help to take complete backup from your device quickly.ClockWorkmode,WRP recovery can make complete user backup very quickly if you installed one of this in your device we strongly recommend to do this.
- Your Device Must have 80% of battery charge
- Custom ROM Installation may Void your Warranty
- Don’t try this tutorial if your device is locked by carriers
- Read complete procedures given By AL (Android Lokam)
How to Install Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware On Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D
1.Download Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware and Download Google Apps for your Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D,Keep it in your PC
2.Connect your Device to PC and mount it,After that copy the files (Jelly bean Rom and Google apps) to SD card Root Directory
3.Switch off your Device.Press and Hold together Volume up + Home + Power button it goes to Recovery Mode
4.Using volume up and down to navigate the menu,Select ClockWorkMode and go to Recovery
5.In ClockWorkMode Recovery “Wipe Data ” then Flash Zip From SD Card by pressing power button you can select
6.Choose From SD Card select using Power button
7.After that Select and install Android 4.2.2.zip file then follow the instructions it may take few minutes to complete
8. Repeat for google apps
9. After completing Select +++++Go Back then select on Reboot Now first booting may take 5 to 6 minutes follow the instructions.
Hit One Like or +1 to thanx
Latest posts by SAJJAD VPM (see all)
- Protected: demo - March 14, 2014
- How to Install AOSB Android 4.4.2 on Samsung Galaxy note 2 N7100 - February 25, 2014
- Update Official Android 4.4.2 Kitkat to Galaxy S4 I9500 – Download Now - February 21, 2014